Student Programs and Residence Life Coordinator(Duke Kunshan University，Student Affair)
- 有效日期：2019年08月02日 至 2019年10月31日
- 招聘人数：1 人
Student Programs and Residence Life Coordinator 职位描述：
The Student Programs and Residence Life Coordinator lives in the Off-Campus Undergraduate Residence Hall (Scholars Hotel) and works with both the Student Involvement and the Residence Life teams in creating a safe, comfortable, supportive and inclusive learning environment for all students during their college experience. The Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing relevant campus student leadership initiatives and co-curricular programs. The Coordinator oversees undergraduate off-campus housing, including managing room assignments and facility conditions, promoting residential intercultural exchange, resolving residential and interpersonal issues, and supervising a team of Resident Assistants to establish a community in the undergraduate residence hall(s).
In addition, S/he is a part of the Student Affairs team that participates in emergency on-call rotations after-hours, which includes weekend and holiday duty hours (approximately 3-4 weeks/semester). This list of responsibilities is not inclusive of all responsibilities, but is a general overview of expectations for the position. As the campus develops, additional responsibilities not listed below may be added and or expanded.
The Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and the Senior Residence Life Officer
1. Oversee, Design and Implement Student Affairs student training needs including, but not limited to, student workers and RAs/GRFs.
2. Assist in recruiting, supervising, and evaluating of student workers and RAs.
3. Collaborate with a variety of DKU campus stakeholders (including academic program staff and faculty) to maximize student learning, development outside the classroom, and intercultural exchange.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
5. University employees’ job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows in size and complexity in its programs.
Student Programs Essential Duties:
1. Oversee, Design and Implement Student Affairs club/organizational leader training (Student Leadership Academy).
2. Contribute and assist with student involvement team on-campus programs and clubs/organizations.
3. Assist with management of Duke Kunshan Engage student involvement software.
Residential Life Essential Duties:
1. Manage off-campus undergraduate residence hall common spaces and facilities, including collaborating with all service providers (e.g., housekeeping and maintenance staff, security personnel, and other service partners).
2. Responsible for Residence Life Student Conduct Adjudication and refers cases to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs for further adjudication or campus wide policy violations.
3. As part of the residential life team, assists with 1) Managing off-campus housing assignments for undergraduate students and 2) Reviewing, developing, and implementing residence hall policies and procedures.
4. Assist with management of RMS housing system software.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field in education, student personnel, and related programs.
2. Effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
3. Demonstrated experience with co-curricular program development and assessment.
4. Intercultural competency achieved and demonstrated by having lived, worked, or studied
in an international, cross-cultural setting.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, with a desire to work in a team-oriented, dynamic, fast-
paced, diverse environment.
6. Excellent organization and planning skills.
7. Commitment to supporting an innovative and intercultural learning community.
1. Master’s degree in a relevant field in education, student personnel, and related programs.
2. Three-year full-time experience in a residence life and/or related student affairs areas would be preferred.
3. 1 to 3 years of live-in experience in university student housing and/or student activities/programming related area.
4. Effective verbal and written communication skills in Chinese is preferred.
5. Knowledge of the differences between Chinese and western higher education systems.
6. Experience in handling student conduct cases.
How to Apply:
Please be advised the salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Process: submit cover letter and CV to DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn
Please note: DKU will ONLY accept applications received through DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn
Applications sent by other means will NOT be considered.
|电子与计算机工程硕士项目市场实习生||昆山||兼职/实习||9月10日||Duke Kunshan University|
|学术事务副校长办公室实习生||昆山||兼职/实习||8月26日||Duke Kunshan University|
|教学中心实习生||昆山||兼职/实习||8月13日||Duke Kunshan University|
|Instructional Specialist for Master of Engineering (MEng) ..||苏州||全职||8月05日||Duke Kunshan University|
|Library Assistant (for Access, Research, and Instruction ..||苏州||全职||8月05日||Duke Kunshan University|
|本科生招生办公室 - 市场和传播实习生||昆山||兼职/实习||8月05日||Duke Kunshan University|
|管理学硕士项目实习生||昆山||兼职/实习||7月31日||Duke Kunshan University|
|语言文化中心中文口语老师||昆山||兼职/实习||7月05日||Duke Kunshan University|
|写作和语言工作室实习生||昆山||兼职/实习||7月05日||Duke Kunshan University|
|语言文化中心行政实习生||昆山||兼职/实习||7月05日||Duke Kunshan University|
Duke Kunshan University – Overview
Duke Kunshan University is a Sino-American partnership of Duke University and Wuhan University to create a world-class liberal arts and research university offering a range of academic programs for students from China and throughout the world. A non-profit, joint-venture institution, Duke Kunshan University was granted accreditation approval by China’s Ministry of Education in September 2013 and welcomed its inaugural class of students in August 2014.
With the goal of spearheading the future of higher education, Duke Kunshan University is influenced and informed by both Chinese and American traditions of higher education. The shared vision of Duke University and Wuhan University is that Duke Kunshan will help address the changing needs of global higher education. Their rich heritage inspires Duke Kunshan University to pursue academic excellence and integrity and to apply classroom knowledge in service to society. Duke Kunshan University delivers academic programs designed to address society’s future needs through a curriculum based in the liberal arts tradition and a commitment to problem-based learning that challenges students to apply their knowledge during the learning process.
As an international, intellectual community that encourages diversity, openness and creative learning, Duke Kunshan University welcomes outstanding students and faculty from around the world who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to this global learning environment. The university’s innovative academic programs inspire students to master academically rigorous course work, generate new ideas and develop creative solutions to the world’s challenges, preparing them not just for careers in specific fields, but to become globally sophisticated leaders and citizens.
Duke Kunshan University is a place for learning, living and growing, in a setting that encourages the pursuit of knowledge within and beyond the classroom. The City of Kunshan is located in close proximity to both Shanghai and Suzhou, two of the largest and most developed metropolitan areas in China. Connected to both by high-speed rail and highways, the city of Kunshan is a center for business and high-tech research and manufacturing, and it has one of the fastest growing economies in China. The 200-acre campus site is within the Kunshan Yangcheng Lake Science Park and features state-of-the-art classroom and meeting facilities, library resources, student and faculty housing and dining space, and recreational facilities. Multi-purpose meeting spaces, breakout rooms, and study areas allow students to work individually or in groups to review course material, complete assignments, and participate in the vibrant, intellectual life of the campus.