We are looking for a Beijing-based consultant to join Wood Mackenzie’s Asia Pacific Gas & LNG Markets Research team. Our team provides industry-leading fundamentals analysis and commercially relevant insights across Asia Pacific natural gas and LNG markets. Given China’s position as one of the largest LNG importers in the world and evolving dynamics of its domestic market, this role is pivotal to the success of the team.
The role is primarily focused on China gas & LNG markets with a secondary focus on Northeast Asia. The role calls for an individual with an analytical mindset and eye for detail, but who also enjoys working collaboratively.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering in-depth, high quality gas market supply and demand analysis. This work includes:
- Updating proprietary datasets and reports
- Maintaining and improving fundamentals-based forecast models, working with colleagues to balance gas supply and demand
- Conducting regional/provincial gas market analysis; generating key insights and delivering those to clients
- Supporting lead analysts and other commodity teams as required
It is envisaged that the role will be demand-side focused initially. The candidate will be a key user of Wood Mackenzie’s proprietary gas forecasting models and contribute significantly to the team’s long-term gas forecasts.
The candidate will interface seamlessly with colleagues in China, Singapore, and the wider global gas & LNG team to publish written reports and presentations for clients. The candidate will also work with other energy commodity analysts in APAC and beyond on a variety of topics.
Naturally, the candidate will have a desire to develop and expand his or her gas market knowledge. Through research trips, client interactions and industry events, the candidate will build their network to understand the key topics and challenges in the industry. Along the way, the candidate will develop a deep understanding of their specific markets and potential. The candidate will ultimately become comfortable articulating Wood Mackenzie’s regional supply and demand views, as well as the broader short-term and long-term global gas outlook to clients and prospects.
The role is ideal for someone who is passionate about market analytics, gas industry research and wants to be a recognized expert. The following qualities are advantageous for potential candidates:
- Prior experience (up to 3 years) with China’s gas market gained from industry, consulting or academia; demand-side or downstream gas market experience is an advantage. Experience with Northeast Asia energy markets is a further advantage
- Enjoys working with large data sets and statistical models; strong Excel skills are assumed
- Able to digest information and translate findings into clear visuals and coherent messages for a variety of audiences; strong PowerPoint and report writing skills are assumed
- Collaborative attitude with the ability to foster strong working relationships, develop networks and influence others
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and self-driven in achieving business and personal goals
- Good planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage workload
- Comfortable operating within an English language working environment which includes writing and presenting in English. Business-level Mandarin is assumed
|Part-time Student Researcher - Gas & LNG||北京总部||北京||兼职/实习||11月08日|
|Part-time Student Worker - Power and Renewables||北京总部||北京 上海||兼职/实习||11月08日|